Saturday, May 31, 2008

Finaly out of the house this week

As you can tell if following my rantings I did a little leg damage a little over a month ago and have been pretty much tied down to my chair and bed for all this time, a few outtings here and there and even some falling down stairs was included as a little side adventure. It's been odd spending so much time in one place for so long. As an owner operator my business allows me to conduct mainly from my remote control software of which was a great help with the healing process. I do feel much better aside from stress of being that operator in emergency situtations. I actually don't mind the emergency as much as the dumbass calls. I have a low tollerence for stupidy and even less if it's my own. So this week has been a bit bumpy as I finally ventured out a bit and even spent the last four days now without the brace for the most part. I can lift myself up out of bed and get in and out of the car without too much pain. It's there if I squat or climb a bit of stairs but I am avoiding that in most cases. Even so I've managed to loose some weight instead of gaining it. Getting out each day to tend the garden has been fun even if most was just to water by hand.
So this past week I did get out finally to have some fun. My sweety stayed over at Runy Questi's house with his kids during the holiday and when I went to pick her up we went out to dinner. Later in the week things got quite stressfull and I was a bit down at one point as you may have read earlier. I spend some time in the garden expanding it and stressed my tendons again with all the squatting. With the quick jump on some anti pain drugs, staying off my feet and some ice downs I was feeling better. Perhaps it helps because I got to stretch a little as I was feeling a bit weak overall from sitting so much. A bit of atrophy I am sure.
Last night I got to spend a good portion of the day out and into the night having some fun. It was really great to get out of the house. I took my sweety with me and headed downtown to the square and we met up with my oldest friend. We had a lot of fun even tho the place was a bit dark and made it difficult to read the menus. The waiter sucked too. But the food was most excellent as it usually is there. We then headed off to the movies and saw the new Indiana Jones. A bit long and QUITE a streatch of the imagination with all the stunts and events. I would say if they toned it down a bit and shortened it from 2.5 hours I would have enjoyed it more. Fight scenes were too long and dragged on and on, even more than I do when I write these things.


So what did I do this past week?

After enjoying a long night of Diva I headed off to bed and rounded the corner from my desk..
this is a second time for the beagle but a first for my other dog much less both at once. I hope I can get out the dog hair as it will scratch the guitars paint very easily. This is the case from my 1979 Fender "The Strat" which I just retrieved from being in storage.





The next day I expanded the garden, more cedar is left to start in an area of more shade
starting from left: basil bush, (middle from back left counter clockwise) habenaro, culantro (not cliantro), chives, rosemary, and a tomatoe big in the cage, (third box from left"sandy soil") Sweet basil, 2x thyme, greek and italian oreganos, (slim box) all roma tomatoe, (new planter on right) green onions, new cilantros, and large onions. (which all have now been transplanted into the new spaces in the first box on left and the middle one as of today)




Runy's kids and my sweety at Sal's Italian after spending the holiday at Runy's, poor RQ..



When we got home the pooches were very happy to see my sweety.. WHOOOOOOO



Sweety and my female four legger. Both are drama queens.. LOL no really..


Friday, party time downtown across from The ISLAND of PALM BEACH.

Looking at the glass front of Macy's and the local trolly..




The other direction towards the clock tower and square..


Straight to the east towards Palm Beach, Macy's to the left, square to the right.









Horses in front of Macy's, at that moment our table was ready and I got the call so she was a little dissapointed.


Dinner with my friend Stephen King, he doesn't like me to take pics and was a bit grumpy becuase the server was terrible. KEEP THE DRINKS COMING DAMMIT!


Sweety was laughing cus Mr King was bitching so much at the waiter..


Thumbs up for dinner with Stephen King

Then we went to the movies at the Movieco ... Mrs King paid for all eight of us to go and for our dinner, THANK YOU, we love you very much.

Well it's now 7.15pm on Sat the 31st and I am heading out to see adrian belew tonight, I'm upset that I'm missing the dance at Kindly with Diva, but I just can't miss Mr Belew..
I had this shirt made today from when I met him for the first time back in 1989 at an event for the school "Full Sail" in Orlando. Afterwards I got to hang out with him and we talked a good while outside the event which is when the pic was taken, yes me with long hair 19 years ago. He's a great musician and I highly respect him and his approachable attitude. He has signed quite a bit of stuff everytime I have seen him ,outside of when with King Crimson, and have yet to miss any show I can get to reasonably in florida. I have lots of signed goodies and this is the newest item which will get done tonite.

1 comment:

Boulderdash Ballyhoo said...

It was the hairlip waitress... ewww